Tuesday, October 31, 2006

New Book: Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary Edition

'Tis the season for lots of wonderful book releases!

As first reported here last March, there is a new 75th Anniversary Edition of THE JOY OF COOKING, which is being released today.

I haven't yet looked the book over myself. The New York Times traces JOY's history and compares editions, asking "Does the world need another JOY? Do you?"

For more on the history of JOY OF COOKING, I recommend STAND FACING THE STOVE: THE STORY OF THE WOMEN WHO GAVE AMERICA THE JOY OF COOKING by Anne Mendelson.

Today the Times also ran a fun article on hard-to-find classic cookbooks. (Who knew Johnny Mathis wrote COOKING FOR YOU, ALONE?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I'm going to keep using my 1997 Joy edition!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for your note! I checked out your blog -- looks like fun cooking your way through JOY -- I'll check in again. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older