Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Marshals: Don't Give in to Political Correctness

A federal air marshal: "If [crew and passengers] are afraid of reporting suspicious individuals out of fear of being labeled a racist or bigot, then terrorists will certainly use those fears to their advantage in future aviation attacks... Instilling politically correct fears into the minds of airline passengers is nothing less than psychological terrorism."

I'm still waiting for some "moderate" Muslims to decry the imams' tactics and emphasize the importance of everyone cooperating and behaving in a responsible manner when traveling. Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen. I suspect that moderate or peace-loving Muslims are cowed by the radicals and terrorists and don't dare speak out.

According to the Washington Times, "The imams say they were removed from the Phoenix-bound flight because they were praying quietly in the concourse."

Gee, I've prayed quietly in an airline concourse on many occasions, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Yet somehow I've managed to avoid being kicked off an airplane. It seems increasingly clear that the six men were up to no good and, indeed, intent on "psychological terrorism."

My husband is flying on business this week. I pray that other airlines will show the same good sense as U.S. Airways if there are further such incidents, and not be afraid of bad press...not only for my husband's sake, for the sake of every person who flies on an airplane.

As I wrote last week, there is simply no room for political correctness when it comes to dealing with potential terrorists.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spunky said...

Well said! A few months ago, I put my oldest on a flight alone. I was a nervous wreck. Not about what she might do, but about the policitically correct security measures they have instituted.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older