Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Webb: Not Enough Class, Too Much Anger

Incoming Virginia Senator James Webb appears not have have even the slightest respect for the office of the Presidency, as evidenced by this exchange with President Bush, reported by The Washington Post via MSNBC:

"'How's your boy?'" Bush asked, referring to Webb's son, a Marine serving in Iraq.

"'I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President,' Webb responded, echoing a campaign theme.

"'That's not what I asked you,' Bush said. 'How's your boy?'

"'That's between me and my boy, Mr. President,' Webb said coldly..."

According to NRO's The Corner and NewsMax, Webb told someone this exchange made him so angry he wanted to "slug" the President.

It seems Senator Webb is not only graceless, he's got anger management problems. Just what we need in the United States Senate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well what do we expect from someone who writes "child molesting novels".I'll bet the same people who voted him into office were 'disgusted' with the actions of Tom Foley. I found your site through the "randomshelf" website. Both great blogs. Keep it up and I'll keep coming back. Any chance you talk about old movies too?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi, thanks for your note. Glad to know you found and enjoyed this blog.

If you input "Tonight's Movie," "Today's Movie," or "New on DVD" in the Search This Blog feature at the top of the main page, you'll find lots of posts on old movies. I review them as often as my schedule allows, and welcome discussion. You will find over time that the subject matter of this blog is truly "Miscellaneous." :)

Best wishes, Laura

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older