Friday, March 30, 2007

Star Wars Postage Stamps Coming to Our Galaxy

15 postage stamps will be released on May 25, 2007, which as STAR WARS fans know is the 30th anniversary of the release of the first STAR WARS film. (OK, I officially feel a little old now...)

You can view all the stamps and vote for your favorite here.

The Han Solo/Chewbacca stamp is my favorite (of course). The Yoda and Princess Leia/RD-D2 stamps are nice too.

I would suspect the USPS stands to make a large sum of money from STAR WARS fans who will buy sheets of the stamps to save rather than use.

My daughter has spotted one of the R2-D2 mailboxes near the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, but I haven't seen one yet...

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

My daughter and I went to see the Star Wars exhibit this past Wednesday afternoon. We really enjoyed it. We took the Blue Line to Pico Station and caught the F DASH bus to Exposition Park. Forgot to keep my eye open for a mail box :(

2:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You were really adventurous using the public transport! The last few weeks have been so hectic I put looking into tickets on hold, but I should check it out -- Glad you enjoyed it!

Laura

8:50 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I use metro rail to get to Los Angeles, Hollywood, Universal Studios and Pasadena a lot. I like to go on "adventures" and I hate driving on LA freeways anymore. Taking metro and sometimes the DASH buses and regular buses can be "interesting" at times, but so far I have had no real problems. I have gotten quite good at planning out my trips using the Metro Trip Planner. Sometimes you have to look deeper than the initial trip they plan out for you. I have found, with some digging into bus routes, I better route.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older