Monday, June 04, 2007

John Fund on Fred Thompson

Unless something unexpected happens -- I haven't quite gotten over George Allen's implosion -- it's looking more and more like Fred Thompson is the candidate I could most enthusiastically support.

Regarding Thompson's campaign strategy, Fund writes "Mr. Thompson will run an unorthodox campaign, one that will challenge the conventional wisdom about how to run for president. Even if it proves unsuccessful, it's useful for a candidate to occasionally come along and ask if the rules everybody is following were made for a different time and new approaches are appropriate."

Exactly right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wolf Flywheel said...

I've checked up on Mr. Thompson's stance on the issues. He's my guy. I sincerely wish for him to win the nomination. If he does, chossing Mark Sanford as a running mate would make him unstoppable at the polls for conservatives. Sanford is a true conservative (financially especially) and doesn't hesitate to tell the legislature that they are wasting time and money. He explains his actions unlike our current President and would be the perfect companion to a President Thompson. I am planning to write a post on the topic after Fred announces.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I value your input and look forward to your post on this topic in coming weeks.

Thank you for the info on Mark Sanford, I'm not really familiar with him other than by name. I'll watch for info on him in future.

Best wishes,
Laura

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older