Sunday, July 01, 2007

Newhart Coming to American Life Network

One of my favorite cable channels is American Life Network. They currently or recently have aired two of my all-time favorite TV series, HOMEFRONT and MAVERICK. In addition to MAVERICK, they also show a number of other classic Warner Bros. shows such as 77 SUNSET STRIP, CHEYENNE, and BOURBON STREET BEAT. Lately we've been revisiting the first season of L.A. LAW thanks to American Life.

Beginning Monday, July 2nd, American Life will have a Monday night comedy lineup including NEWHART, which will begin by showing the series' very first episode. I haven't seen NEWHART since it first aired and am really looking forward to revisiting it. My DVR is set and ready to go!

When I used to hear the great NEWHART theme music by Henry Mancini on Monday evenings, it gave me a feeling of "All's right with the world." And how could the world not be all right when you're watching Bob Newhart? :)

The other comedies airing on American Life on Monday nights have all had at least one season released on DVD: THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW, THE BOB NEWHART SHOW, and WKRP IN CINCINNATI.

Meanwhile, vote here at Amazon if you would like to see NEWHART released on DVD. And while you're at it, how about voting for HOMEFRONT and MAVERICK?

2 Comments:

Blogger Wolf Flywheel said...

I love his show. I've been waiting for a dvd release of the seasons for a long time and it looks like I still have longer. (Dangit!) If you lke Bob Newhart, you can go to Youtube and find some clips of scits he did as a regular on Dean Martin's show.Thisis one of my favorites.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That YouTube video was fun! Love how Newhart keeps trying not to laugh. It's wonderful how YouTube is "rescuing" things like this which would otherwise be difficult to see, isn't it?

I keep hoping for that DVD release too! My kids have never seen NEWHART. At least we'll have the cable rerun for now --

Best wishes,
Laura

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older