Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Today at Disneyland

Today we finally enjoyed our long-awaited first ride on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland.

We arrived as the park opened and despite hurrying directly to the ride, we had a wait of nearly 90 minutes.

Tip for future riders: at this point the line must be entered from its furthest point, behind the Matterhorn, so your best bet is to head straight through the castle and turn right to enter the line, rather than following the crowd to Tomorrowland and then having to walk all the way around the Submarine Lagoon.

We rode the Neptune (click to enlarge photos):


I was able to snap shots of the scenery at the start of the ride without a flash:


A view of the submarine lagoon taken after the ride. It was an overcast morning so photographic opportunities weren't the best!


We enjoyed the ride very much. It combines some of the 3-D views, such as used on the ride in the past, with technology which seemed very much like that used in Turtle Talk With Crush, in order to tell the story of the search for Nemo.

After the Submarine we went on Splash Mountain and then went over to DCA, where the rest of the family went on Grizzly River Run. I stayed dry and took photos as they got wet (below).


We did something brand-new and went to White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian to have a snack for lunch:


For those who have been to the Wilderness Lodge at Walt Disney World, White Water Snacks is somewhat similar to the Roaring Fork snack bar. The lobby of the Grand Californian is so similar to the Wilderness Lodge that I halfway expected to turn around and see Whispering Canyon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Glad you finally got to ride the subs. We always just seem to miss each other by a day or two. I was there all day from opening until closing on Monday, just for fun. During the afternoon parade I noticed the line started just under the umbrellas, very short compared to other times of the day. I believe the line is long right after opening because of the hotel guests who get early entry privileges. I didn't ride the subs this time as I plan to wait until Fall when the line should be more reasonable.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Irene, one of these days we'll have to meet up at the park for an ice cream cone or something and say hello. :)

That makes sense about the early entry guests getting in line first!
The ride was also closed very briefly when we got in line at 8:00, so if some of the resort guests who had early entry might otherwise have been able to ride before we got in line, that probably didn't help the line length any!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:27 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi!
I've just found your blog and I can tell that you certainly enjoy Disneyland.

My boyfriend and I are owners of MouseHub.com (http://www.mousehub.com). Our website focuses on all things Disney but since we are located in Southern California a lot of our news and pictorials center around The Disneyland Resort. We are re-launching our website very soon and to kick off the "Grand Re-Opening" of the site I wanted to write an article about what it is that makes Disneyland so special. Since, from reading your blog, you seem to love the place too I was wondering if you'd like to be quoted for the article.

If you're interested, please email me (beth[at]mousehub[dot]com) a few sentences about what it is you love about Disneyland or what makes it so special to you? Make sure you include how you want your name to read so I can give proper credit to you. And I'll be sure to contact you back once the article is up to read. Thanks for your time!

Beth Clarke
Co-owner and Columnist for MousHub.com

P.S. I love White Water Snacks! I've never tried Roaring Forks but I'll have to next time I go to Disney World if its as good as White Water. Thanks for the tip!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Beth! Thanks so much for your nice note. I've bookmarked your site.

I've been buried in a work crunch this week (hence light posting here!) but if I have time I certainly will contact you. Either way I'll be watching for the launch of your site!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older