Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh Please, No....

John McCain wouldn't pick Mike Huckabee as his vice presidential running mate, would he?

Or would he?

Is it any wonder I'd much rather talk about movies than politics these days? Sigh.

I can't imagine a twosome less likely to get me to the polls on election day. The only thing that might motivate me is the scarier prospect of a President Obama, who believes he "appears more worldly" than President Bush, and this wordliness, combined with his middle name Hussein, will magically enable him to successfully conduct Middle East policy.

As an aside, Dukakis campaign manager Susan Estrich asks "Could Obama Be Another Dukakis?" Er, yes.

I've been hoping McCain would choose a candidate with sterling conservative credentials -- Chris Cox is one suggestion I like -- who might make me feel a little better about voting for an open borders global warming alarmist.

Speaking of McCain and Obama, I'm particularly glad right now that I no longer subscribe to Newsweek, which has a new cover story amazingly biased even for the Mainstream Media.

Update: Rich Lowry on "The Obama Rules."

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Ack. No to the Huckster!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

RIP Newsweek (print edition)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older