Monday, December 01, 2008

Today at Disneyland

We met up with friends from out of state for a fun afternoon and evening enjoying the first day of December at Disneyland.

Christmas is now in full swing:


The flowers at Town Square:


Sleeping Beauty castle by day:


The restored walk-through attraction is now open! We didn't have time to visit today, but I'm sure we will next time.

A bit of the finery dressing up New Orleans Square for Christmas:


One of what Disneyland calls "The Happiest Turkeys on Earth":


This turkey and one other were pardoned last week by President Bush in a White House ceremony and then flown to Disneyland.

The Walt and Mickey "Partners" statue at the hub silhouetted against Main Street's Christmas lights:


Sleeping Beauty Castle by night:


We had kind of a strange experience: fog rolled in and blocked us from seeing most of the fireworks show -- all we could see was the sky changing colors.

And just for fun, an artsy-craftsy photo of Disneyland Christmas lights:


We're looking forward to returning again soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Fireworks in the fog ... now there's a treat :o)

Would you believe that Jennifer and I have been going to Disneyland most Mondays but not today! Tonight was a major dress rehearsal so no visit today :(

I did get to be one of the first ones in the Castle when it opened last week. It is wonderful having it back to its original format. They did a wonderful job. Hope you get to see it soon.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Ms.Daisy said...

I really enjoyed seeomg the pictures you took at Disneyland, Laura. I have never been to Disneyland, but have been many times to Disney World in Orlando. I just love it and I hope it won't be too many years until I can go again!

~Jean
P.S. I also have become a fan of Chris Wallace as the years passed...I cheered when I read that he stood up for President Bush!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Irene, how wonderful you got to see the Castle already! I'm very much looking forward to it.

Those fireworks were quite a strange experience. They had warned about 15 minutes beforehand they might cancel -- I could understand why after seeing the show, such as it was (grin).

Jean, so glad you enjoyed the photos! I love WDW too and would love to go back again soon.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older