Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Book: The Pioneer Woman Cooks

This morning the L.A. Times Food section introduced me to a new blogsite, Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman.

Drummond was raised in Oklahoma but left to attend the University of Southern California. At that point she considered herself a city girl, yet she ultimately ended up back in Oklahoma, married to a cattle rancher and eventually homeschooling and blogging.

I don't know how I've managed to miss out on her blog so long, as it covers favorite topics like homeschooling and cooking. The photography is amazing.

My paternal grandparents were born and raised in Oklahoma and our daughter attends USC, so those connections add interest for me.

Drummond has a book, THE PIONEER WOMAN COOKS: RECIPES FROM AN ACCIDENTAL COUNTRY GIRL coming out on October 27th. It's jumped onto my wish list.

The Times printed a few of Drummond's recipes, including Chicken Fried Steak. Yum!

Update: This woman sure can tell a story! Correcting literature tests and preparing client billings have all taken a back seat for the last couple hours as I read chapter after chapter...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

That's funny you missed her, Laura! I enjoy her site quite a bit - it's a lovely escape from the political turmoil we face. Her commitment to her family and home is utterly refreshing and certainly she scores points for having gone out and gotten an education, lived independently, made a family and yet still has remained well rounded with her own independent interests of writing, photography and cooking. And to me, the homeschooling part is the best part of all.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older