Sunday, October 04, 2009

In Disney News...

...Disney has just reissued a 1969 Haunted Mansion story album on CD.

Thurl Ravenscroft narrates a tale about two teenagers in the Haunted Mansion; one of the teens is voiced by Ron Howard. The CD also includes a full-length version of the attraction's song "Grim Grinning Ghosts." A nice "extra" is an art gallery which opens when the CD is inserted in a computer.

...Halloween Time is in full swing at Disneyland...check out these marvelous photos at MiceChat. My favorite photo is of the special Halloween balloons.

My oldest son was in the park with friends Friday night and was impressed with the new "Ghost Galaxy" overlay on Space Mountain. (Well...except for when they were stuck on the ride when it broke down on their second trip!) I expect to be in the park a couple of times this month to take in all the fall decorating.

...Disney has announced the broad outlines of a 2010 program to replace this year's birthday giveaway...prospective guests can earn a free visit to the park in return for a day of volunteer work.

I haven't yet heard if there will be an alternative for annual passholders, who were eligible to receive gift cards under the birthday program. (Update: Annual passholders will have three options, but nothing as attractive as this year's birthday gift card equating to a ticket price.)

...Buzz Lightyear flew on the last Space Shuttle Discovery trip and celebrated the successful completion of his mission with a ticker tape parade at Walt Disney World.

Buzz Aldrin was on hand to join in the fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

That sounds like a great CD. Do you know if they are selling it in the Park? We were there this afternoon and evening to enjoy all the Fall decorations and things. We had a great spot for the fireworks with not a bunch of tall people in front of us :) We also hope to go about three more times this month. I sat in the back for Ghost Galaxy a week ago and that's not the place to be. Didn't go on it today, probably next time. I've never gotten stuck on a good ride, and I want too!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I haven't been to the Park since I saw this CD release on Amazon -- if you get there before I do let me know if you see it.

My son and his friends told me the front of the ride is where to sit for Ghost Galaxy but they wouldn't say why...?!

Sometime in the mid-'80s my husband and I were stuck on Space Mountain -- the lights actually came on before the ride stopped which was a very freaky experience (grin), wondering what on earth was going on. They ended up pushing the cars out one at a time -- once they give it a shove down the track the car moves forward pretty much on its own.

I envy you the chance to visit today, it was a beautiful fall day. Were the fireworks as neat as advertised?

Best wishes,
Laura

11:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

October 9th P.S.: The Haunted Mansion CD is for sale in the new Disney Gallery store in the bank building on Main Street.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older