Wednesday, January 06, 2010

In Disneyland News...

This should be an exciting year at the Disneyland Resort, as we look ahead to the World of Color debut this spring at Disney's California Adventure.

Al Lutz of MiceAge reports that Disneyland Imagineers have been given the green light to design more rides for the park; the park badly needs to increase ride capacity to help handle the growing crowds. Imagineers Extraordinaire John Lasseter and Tony Baxter have been seen scouting out potential areas for new E Ticket rides. The Festival Arena and the Innoventions area are just a couple of the possibilities.

And maybe we'll finally get that new People Mover rumored for the past couple years...

Al also has info on D23 and makes an educated guess that the D23 Expos will be every other year, rather than annually. We shall see...

I think I may join D23 later this year, as I have been buying and enjoying the quarterly magazine, and a D23 membership would thus actually cost me just an additional $15. D23 has also introduced a $35 membership for those who are willing to skip the magazine subscription. (Thursday Update: D23 is offering a beautiful "Disney Undiscovered" 23-month calendar to subscribers in 2010.)

Meanwhile, for the short term, check out the nifty new 55th anniversary merchandise photos at The Disney Parks Blog. This notepad styled like an old-fashioned Disneyland ticket book is a "must buy" for me.

More merchandise photos can be seen at MiceChat (click the title of this post).

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I also like that notepad - brings back memories :) And those ears - I wanted to be Annette! I do hope some of those new rides Al mentioned come to pass.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene!

Speaking of rides, I was curious about the WDW Fantasyland plans being scaled back...it all looked so nice in the presentation at the D23 Expo.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:49 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Yes, I was not aware they had done that until reading the article. Poor WDW seems to be getting the short end of the stick these days! I know when I was back there last Spring almost every CM we spoke with wanted to be out here at Disneyland.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older