Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coming to DVD: Humphrey Bogart: The Essential Collection

Humphrey Bogart: The Essential Collection, a 13-disc, 24-film DVD set, will be released on October 5, 2010.

Home Theater Forum has extensive information on the titles and extras.

This looks like a beautiful set, but it will likely be of interest only to those who have not already collected Bogart on DVD. This set is a "remix" of titles already released on DVD, including films from the Humphrey Bogart Signature Collections (Vols. 1 and 2), the Bogie-Bacall Signature Collection, the Errol Flynn Westerns Collection (VIRGINIA CITY), and various Warner Gangsters/Tough Guys sets.

That said, this would make a grand Christmas gift for someone new to collecting classic films or Bogart on DVD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I have very few Bogie films on DVD. Most of the ones I have are on VHS from taping off of TCM so I am super-excited about this boxed set. My beau and I are going to buy it together because he is a big Bogie fan.

And I'm glad you commented on my Citrus post. I hope you weren't offended. As I was writing it I thought to myself "oh goodness, I hope Laura doesn't see this!".

12:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope you'll both enjoy the set, Raquelle, it will be a great addition to your collection!

You are sweet! It was a bit surprising but you really took the analogy and creatively ran with it, LOL. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older