Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coming Next Month: The Absent-Minded Professor (1961) at the Walt Disney Studios

I'm really delighted that thanks to my D23 membership, I successfully obtained tickets to next month's "50 and Fabulous" screening of THE ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR (1961) on the Disney Studios lot.

Somehow I've never seen this Disney live-action film, and given the interest I've developed in the careers of Fred MacMurray and Nancy Olson, it will be a particular treat seeing it for the first time in a beautiful theater.

I look forward to sharing a report on the event when the screening takes place on March 12th.

Last month I was privileged to attend a wonderful 50 and Fabulous event celebrating ONE HUNDRED AND ONE DALMATIANS (1961). The other films in the series, to be shown later this year, are THE PARENT TRAP and BABES IN TOYLAND.

Related posts: Tonight's Movie: Tangled (2010) at the Walt Disney Studios; Tonight's Movie: Waking Sleeping Beauty (2009) and a Visit to Walt Disney Studios.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob G. said...

Laura:
I remember seeing the AMP at a DRIVE-IN theater...guess that really dates me, huh?
It's still a good flick, even in B&W.
The "sequel" was in color, though.

And Babes in Tioyland is one of those oft forgotten Disney movies...granted it doesn't follow the original operetta all that much, but it IS a great film for the kids of ALL ages.

Good post.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older