Thursday, February 03, 2011

Walt and El Grupo (2008) Coming to USC

I've been quite interested in seeing the documentary WALT AND EL GRUPO (2008), about Disney's "Good Neighbor Policy" efforts during World War II, but haven't yet caught up with the DVD I received at Christmas. (So many movies, so little time...)

As it happens, I'm now glad I haven't watched it yet, because I just obtained tickets to see the movie on the big screen at the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts.

The movie will be shown next Tuesday evening, February 8th, and tickets are open to the public.

Best of all, writer-director Theodore (Ted) Thomas and producer Kuniko Okubo will be present for a Q&A session after the movie. Thomas is the son of one of Disney's legendary "Nine Old Men," Frank Thomas, who was one of the title subjects of the documentary FRANK AND OLLIE (1995).

2011 moviegoing is certainly starting off well, with this screening following last month's very special ONE HUNDRED AND ONE DALMATIANS event at the Walt Disney Studios.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

This is one of three Disney-related docs on my "must see" list. The others are "Waking Sleeping Beauty" and "the Boys"

7:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Tom! I enjoyed WAKING SLEEPING BEAUTY very much. THE BOYS is in my Christmas stack. :) All three should be worth buying or Netflixing!

Best wishes,
Laura

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older