Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Waltons News...

...or, the Things One Learns From Twitter!

This morning the Siren retweeted a comment from Girl of the Plains about Tweets by Melissa Gilbert and Alison Arngrim of TV's LITTLE HOUSE.

I was a bit curious and took a peek at Melissa Gilbert's page, which soon put me on a rabbit trail to Mary McDonough of THE WALTONS, where I learned two bits of news that made this WALTONS fan happy.

First, Mary has a book coming out next month, LESSONS FROM THE MOUNTAIN: WHAT I LEARNED FROM ERIN WALTON.

Second, there's a new special airing April 17th on the Inspiration Network, A WALTONS FAMILY REUNION. (I've got to check and see if I get this channel...) On the special Mary hosts a discussion with her TV parents, Michael Learned and Ralph Waite, and her TV siblings in which they "reminisce about the series, its impact on American culture and family life, and what they’ve been up to since the series ended its original run in 1981."

6 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Don't know if you are aware of this but Jon Walmsley who played Jason Walton works as an entertainer at Disneyland. Sometimes he performs with the Bootstrapper Pirate Band in New Orleans Square and sometimes he is the cowboy entertainer Tex Tumbleweed over at Big Thunder Ranch Bar-b-que.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Had no idea...would have fallen over in surprise if I'd noticed him as a pirate walking around New Orleans, LOL! Thanks for the great tip!

Best wishes,
Laura

1:42 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

Well, I'm certain I don't get that network, so I'll have to hope it's eventually rebroadcast somewhere else. :) The Waltons is my favorite TV show. I've always got mixed feelings about loading up on behind-the-scenes trivia, though - sometimes it's fun, and sometimes you just prefer to keep your illusions.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa Clark said...

Thanks for mentioning that special, Laura. I just noticed the other day that I get the Inspiration channel, so I'll be able to check it out. The Waltons is one of my favorite shows. :)

MC

3:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Elisabeth, you might like to know that a number of years ago -- I think it was the '90s (Ellen Corby was still alive) -- I saw the Waltons cast at a tribute to the show at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. They seem to have become a real family of sorts to each other (much the same thing happened with the SOUND OF MUSIC children), and they were all as nice as could be. I was especially touched by how the boys looked after and helped their "Grandma" that evening.

Best wishes,
Laura

4:12 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

Thanks, Laura. I saw a partial cast reunion on one of the morning news shows in the last couple years, but it was so short each person only got to say a few words.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older