Friday, February 03, 2012

Quick Preview of TCM in April

Turner Classic Movies posted the online preview of the April schedule earlier this week.

The April Star of the Month will be Doris Day. In an unusual move, TCM will devote each evening to Day for the entire first week of April, beginning on Monday, April 2nd. Doris Day will turn 88 on Tuesday, April 3rd.

The third week of April will have a "spring break" theme, including WHERE THE BOYS ARE (1960) and plenty of GIDGET, Elvis, Frankie and Annette.

Among the actors and directors being celebrated in April are Ward Bond, Martha Hyer, Stanley Donen, Kay Francis, Randolph Scott, and Gregory Peck; there's also a day devoted to baseball films.

And my fellow fans of Richard Carlson and William Lundigan -- you know who you are! -- can look forward to RIDERS TO THE STARS (1954) on April 19th.

I love TCM!

I'll share more information about the April schedule around March 31st. In the meantime, the 31 Days of Oscar Festival is now underway, and Karl Malden is scheduled as the Star of the Month in March.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Clark said...

I'm so glad about Doris Day being April's star of the month! I'm especially looking forward to "Midnight Lace," which I haven't seen in a long time.

I love TCM, too!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I haven't ever seen MIDNIGHT LACE, MC. I'm trying to catch up with all of Doris Day's films so I need to put that one on my list!

April seems like an especially fun month on TCM!

Best wishes,
Laura

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older