Monday, December 23, 2013

Cinemark Classic Series in 2014

Cinemark has announced an interesting "Classic Series" for early 2014, consisting of films from the '80s and early '90s.

The movies in the series are:

BIG (1988) on January 5th and 8th

THE PRINCESS BRIDE (1987) on January 12th and 15th

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH (1982) on January 19th and 22nd

FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF (1986) on January 26th and 29th

GROUNDHOG DAY (1993) on February 2nd (Groundhog Day!) and February 5th

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (1993) on February 9th and 12th

I'm hoping to catch GROUNDHOG DAY and possibly SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE. GROUNDHOG DAY is one of my favorite movies of the last couple decades, but I've never seen it in a theater.

I had a very good experience seeing WHITE CHRISTMAS (1954) at a Cinemark here in Orange County so hopefully these movies will look good as well.

Check the list to see if your city has a Cinemark theater participating in the series.

5 Comments:

Blogger LĂȘ said...

Well, I don't consider then to be "classics", as Will mentioned on Twitter, but for sure they bring bag memories to millions of people.
As a nice coincidence, I'm writing this minute about Big, for a website I contribute to.
Kisses!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Melissa Clark said...

I wish they would play more truly classic movies! It'll be nice to see "Sleepless in Seattle" in the theater again, though.

1:22 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I feel the same as MC, but I did used to love Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It would be fun to see it in a theater again. I think I still have the ticket stub from the first time.

3:55 PM  
Blogger James Corry said...

Those are "classics"?! Not in my book they're not.

B.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks to you all for stopping by! Yes, there's a reason I put "Classic Series" in quotes, LOL, Cinemark may have used that name for their series but it's odd to think of films of such relatively recent vintage as classics -- although I do think at least a couple of them will continue to stand the test of time.

I agree, MC, I'd love to see them show more "classic era" films -- WHITE CHRISTMAS was a big success for me.

Best wishes,
Laura

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older