Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Visit to the University of Oregon

We've spent the last few days visiting our daughter, who is a sophomore at the University of Oregon.


We hadn't seen her in four months so it was great to spend a few days with her in Eugene!

I've previously enjoyed sharing photos of our older children's colleges, the University of Southern California (USC) and Northern Arizona University (NAU); here's a brief look at the UofO! Click any photo to enlarge it for a closer look.


My husband had visited the campus when our daughter was making her college decision, but this was my first visit so I got the grand tour.

Our family, incidentally, has roots in the area, as both my husband's parents graduated from the University of Oregon, and my husband, who was born in Portland, lived in Eugene as a young child.

The beautifully designed College of Business:


The Administration Building, which was used as a location in ANIMAL HOUSE (1978):


Hayward Field, the site of Olympic trials:


The Duck Store...


...filled with green and yellow as far as the eye can see.


I left the Duck Store a fully decked-out Oregon parent, with a t-shirt, Christmas ornament, and mug.


We spent a blustery Friday afternoon watching the marching band rehearse for Saturday's football game:


Our daughter has leadership positions in both the Ducks marching band and the band's service fraternity, and is having an all-around fantastic college experience.


Friday evening we attended the women's volleyball game at Matthew Knight Arena.


Usually a small honor band plays at basketball and volleyball games, but that evening the entire marching band was asked to play.


The Oregon Ducks beat the UCLA Bruins.


The Yellow Garter Band is seen to the left of the marching band:


Finally, a fun side note about Dutch Bros., the Oregon coffee chain my daughter loves. It was as good as advertised! I had their hot cocoa a couple of times during the trip and really enjoyed it.


And their cup designs are delightful!


Coming soon: Game day! My second and final photo post on our trip will share our wonderful experience at beautiful Autzen Stadium, where the Oregon Ducks beat the Colorado Buffaloes, 44-10.

Update: A Visit to Autzen Stadium.

4 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Nice post, Laura - and great pics!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Mel, it's fun to be able to share! So glad you enjoyed. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

3:01 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I love that you got all your Ducks gear! That's a nice campus. I visited once when I was considering grad school.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm glad you were able to tour it, KC! I've really enjoyed getting to know the campus and local community for each of my children's colleges in turn. We were impressed with all that the Oregon college experience offers.

Looking forward to putting my sparkly green Oregon ornament on our tree this year! ;)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older