Sunday, October 25, 2015

Coming Soon: The Palm Springs Classic Science Fiction Film Festival

I'm back from a really wonderful weekend at the Palm Springs Classic Film Festival!


I spent a terrific two days watching seven '50s sci-fi classics, five of which were new to me. My favorite new-to-me titles were THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS (1953), THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD (1951), and THEM! (1954). Each of those titles was exactly the kind of classic sci-fi I like best, and I enjoyed them tremendously.


Add in personal appearances by Julie Adams and Kathleen Hughes, and it was a special weekend. I'll have complete coverage coming soon, including an overview of the festival and reviews of individual films.

Also ahead in the coming days, as time permits: A tribute to Maureen O'Hara, a final photo post on the Lone Pine Film Festival, a look at TCM in November, Warner Archive DVD reviews, an Around the Blogosphere link roundup, and more!

Stay tuned...and "Keep watching the skies!"

Update: The Palm Springs Classic Science Fiction Film Festival in Review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older