Saturday, March 05, 2016

Farewell to Brad Arrington

I wanted to take time out to note the passing of Brad Arrington, a regular commenter here at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings since at least 2009.

Brad's passing was noted by Glenn Erickson in his March 5th DVD Savant column.

Regular readers here may recall that Brad used the handle "James Corry" but then signed his real name at the end of his notes. Many of his comments can thus be found by Googling James Corry and the name of this blog.

Just one example of what he contributed can be found in his notes on IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (1955). He commented here as recently as mid-January.

As Glenn noted, Brad's comments could also be found regularly at favorite sites such as Greenbriar Picture Shows.

Brad lived here in Orange County, although as I recall he had moved away in more recent years.

Although I never had the good fortune to meet Brad in person, his upbeat attitude and wealth of knowledge were greatly appreciated and enjoyed, and I'm grateful he took the time to contribute his thoughts here at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings.

My sincere condolences to Brad's family and friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger DKoren said...

Aw, that is sad news. I've always enjoyed reading everyone's comments, and I do remember some of his. My condolences to his family and friends.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Deb. Such a nice gentleman and such sad news for all of us who enjoyed his love of films.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:36 AM  
Blogger Blake Lucas said...

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I only knew Brad from his comments here but I always enjoyed and appreciated those, He was always a conspicuously positive and knowing contributor. Seemed like someone I would have been glad to know personally.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Blake. I very much agree with everything you wrote.

Best wishes,
Laura

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older