Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

Today marks the 63rd anniversary of Disneyland's Opening Day on July 17, 1955.

I spent a couple of hours at the park this morning, enjoying the anniversary atmosphere. Here is Disneyland's iconic "Partners" statue, with Walt and Mickey looking back down Main Street towards the train station:


The Town Square flagpole plaque which displays part of Walt's Opening Day speech. "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"


Some of the lovely summer flowers seen today at the Hub and Town Square:




Sleeping Beauty Castle, just as the sun began to peek out on a gray morning:


Happy Birthday, dear Disneyland!

Previous Disneyland Birthday Posts: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015 (and more here), 2016, and 2017.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

I plan to pull out my WALT DISNEY TREASURES set tonight and watch the opening day special.

Happy 13th blogging anniversary to you, too. (Say, wasn’t Walt’s favorite number 13...?) Even though I haven’t been reading since the beginning, sometimes I’ll think, “I wonder if Laura’s written about this movie,” and search your reviews. I also look forward to the “Around the Blogosphere” posts. And if I may say, meeting you and Doug in Disneyland this spring was a highlight of my trip.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Seth,

That sounds like a great idea! The Disney Treasures set on Disneyland is my very favorite.

Thank you for the congratulations!! And how wonderful you search the reviews, I love knowing they're helping people out years later. I am overdue for a new Around the Blogosphere! So much to blog, so little time...LOL.

It was absolutely wonderful to meet up in person!! As I've said at my anniversary post, connecting with great people has been the best part of blogging. I never could have dreamed where it all would lead when I started my blog 13 years ago, that's for sure.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older