Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Disneyland: The Art of Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

During our trip to Disneyland last week, we had the chance to visit the new Disney Gallery exhibit, The Art of Mary Poppins Returns.


MARY POPPINS RETURNS (2018) opens this week on December 19th. It stars Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda, with Dick Van Dyke making a cameo as Mr. Dawes Jr.


Most (but not all) reviews of the film I've seen to date are positive, ranging from solid to very enthused.


Click any photo to enlarge it for a closer look.








Along with the artwork, the exhibit featured Mary's costume, including her carpet bag and parrot-handled umbrella...



...plus the kite, seen in the trailer.


I'm a bit dubious about the new movie, particularly given the importance of the original 1964 film in my moviegoing life, but Emily Blunt does look good in the trailers, and I anticipate I'll be seeing the film and review it here in due course.

As the saying goes, "Watch this space!"

Update: Please visit my review Tonight's Movie: Mary Poppins Returns (2018).

2 Comments:

Blogger Caftan Woman said...

Thank you for sharing all of this. The entire family is looking forward to this movie. I anticipate it will become as beloved as the 1964 film.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You're welcome! I'm quite curious to see it, and I would love to know your comments when you see it too!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older