Sunday, October 13, 2019

Photos From the Road: Oregon Museum of Science and Industry

Here's another in my series of photo posts from our summer visit to Oregon!

We enjoy looking for new-to-us restaurants when we're on the road, so on the second day of our trip we tried Portland Burger.


Good stuff!


We loved the classic building across the street, which was over a century old and once housed a police station. It looked like something seen on a studio backlot!


It's now home to a law firm.


We enjoyed spending the afternoon at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland. It reminded me a bit of the California Science Center in Los Angeles where I took our kids during their homeschool years.


As luck would have it, at the time of our visit the museum was hosting a Disney-themed exhibit, The Science Behind Pixar.



The exhibit went into extensive detail on how Pixar films are created, including workstations where kids (including kids at heart!) could experiment with some of the processes.







Although we didn't have time to tour it, there's also a submarine docked outside!


We also enjoyed a laser light show in the Planetarium set to Beatles music. All in all it made for a pleasant afternoon.

Still to come: The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville and the Lane County Fair in Eugene.

Previous Photos from the Road: Portland and the Oregon Zoo; McMenamins Kennedy School Hotel.

3 Comments:

Blogger DKoren said...

My family went to OMSI back in the early 80s and I loved it at the time. It was so much fun. I liked revisiting it through your pics!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Speaking of the California Science Center, that Pixar exhibit was there from October of 2016 until April of 2017. I went to see it with a group of seniors and we had a great time! Glad you got to see it up in Portland.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Deb, I love that you have visited OMSI! Glad I could bring back some fun memories.

Irene, how funny about the Pixar exhibit. I must have heard about it at the time, but I'd completely forgotten it had been here in L.A. It's kind of funny that on our trip this summer I saw two things that used to be available here in So. CA -- the Pixar exhibit and the Spruce Goose (which will be coming in my next Oregon photo post).

Best wishes,
Laura

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older