Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Coming October 6th-9th, 2022: The 32nd Lone Pine Film Festival

The Lone Pine Film Festival has announced plans for this fall's festival!

The 32nd Festival will be held Columbus Day Weekend, October 6th-9th, 2022.

Additionally, those interested in staying in Lone Pine through Columbus Day on October 10th will discover a couple of "bonus" events for that date on the schedule.

This year's guests are scheduled to include Claude Jarman Jr., William Wellman Jr., Patrick Wayne, Christopher Mitchum, Robert Carradine, Monte Markham, Tony Cameron, Wyatt McCrea, Cheryl Rogers Barnett, Jay Dee Witney, and Diamond Farnsworth.

As a big fan of PANHANDLE (1948) I'm especially looking forward to a screening of that film, accompanied by a Q&A session with Rod Cameron's son Tony.

There's also a tour of PANHANDLE locations on the schedule. When I was in Lone Pine last month I was fortunate to enjoy a preview of the film's Anchor Ranch locations with tour guide Don Kelsen.

I'm also excited about a screening of another big favorite, ROUGHSHOD (1949), attended by Claude Jarman Jr. I loved meeting him and hearing his stories at last year's festival!

As always, I'm looking forward to several location tours, including exploring new areas along the Owens River, where Randolph Scott filmed THE NEVADAN (1950).

There are numerous location tours on the schedule, including YELLOW SKY (1948) and THE TALL T (1957). Additional tours focus on geology, photographer Ansel Adams, TV Westerns, and there's even a STAR TREK: VOYAGER tour.

For those who are new to the festival, my coverage of previous recent festivals may be found at these links: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Each of these annual overview posts contains links to several additional posts covering that year's festival with lots of photos and information about the festival experience.

My 2021 Classic Movie Hub preview may be found here and photos of film locations visited at last fall's fest are at Classic Movie Hub here. Sharing more on last fall's festival here is on my "to do" list!

I'll have more coverage here and/or in my Classic Movie Hub column this fall. In the meantime, I strongly encourage anyone who's been thinking about attending the festival to make this the year to attend.  This festival is always a highlight of my year, and I would love for more classic film fans to have the opportunity to experience it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vienna said...

Sounds wonderful. I look forward to your reports.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much, Vienna! Sure wish you could be there.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older