Monday, March 11, 2024

Laura's Miscellaneous Musings in The Dark Pages

I'm happy to share that I have a review appearing in the January-February 2024 edition of the film noir newsletter The Dark Pages.

My decade-old blog review of the enjoyable B (C?) crime film HI-JACKED (1950) has been adapted for publication.

I describe HI-JACKED, a Lippert Pictures release, as "creaky yet diverting." I enjoyed it enough I'd like to revisit it now that a decade has passed!

The movie stars Jim Davis and Marcia Mae (Marsha) Jones, with a fun supporting cast including David Bruce, Iris Adrian, Paul Cavanagh, and Margia Dean.  

This latest edition of The Dark Pages is Volume 20, No. 1. It's a "hard copy" publication founded nearly two decades ago and edited by Karen Burroughs Hannsberry.

Other articles in the new issue include reviews of BLACKMAIL (1947) and THE BIG NIGHT (1951), along with additional reviews of film noir titles available on YouTube, plus an article on "Neo-Noirs in the '90s" and more.

The Dark Pages may be subscribed to here. Back issues are also available, including for issues I've written for in the past; descriptions of those issues are linked below.

Previous Dark Pages posts: January 2011, December 2011, January 2013, June 2013, December 2022, and March 2023.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older