Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Laura's Miscellaneous Musings in The Dark Pages

This fall was so busy, somehow time slipped away without my mentioning having an article in the September/October 2022 edition of The Dark Pages.

The Dark Pages, as many of my readers are already aware, is a long-established film noir newsletter which made its debut in 2005. It's edited by Karen Burroughs Hannsberry, who also runs the Shadows and Satin blog, is the film noir columnist for Classic Movie Hub, and is the author of the books FEMME NOIR: BAD GIRLS OF FILM and BAD BOYS: THE ACTORS OF FILM NOIR.

I was honored to contribute to The Dark Pages a few times around a decade ago; I only haven't written for it more recently due to other commitments. I'm pleased to announce I've once again appeared in the newsletter's pages with an adapted version of my blog review of the Kino Lorber Blu-ray STREET OF CHANCE (1942).

It's a terrific issue, including Karen's article "Good Girls in Bad Company"; Andy Wolverton on recent noir Blu-ray releases; Kristina Dijan on THIEF (1981); George H. Madison on Dan Duryea; and more!

I believe I'll have another review running in The Dark Pages early in 2023.

The Dark Pages is a "hard copy" newsletter which can be subscribed to here. Back issues are also available, including for the quartet of issues I've written for in the past (descriptions linked below).

As I've shared previously, I read The Dark Pages years before I ever dreamed of being a contributor, and I very much recommend it.

Previous Dark Pages posts: January 2011, December 2011, January 2013, and June 2013.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Thank you for this lovely mention, Laura -- we look forward to more of your excellent writing appearing in The Dark Pages!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Karen, and you're welcome!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older