Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas at Disneyland 2022: The Grand Californian

It's been a hectic few weeks with an unusually busy work schedule combined with computer issues, but as of tonight I'm now on vacation for the next week and a half! To say I've been looking forward to it is an understatement.


Along with enjoying Christmas and New Year's festivities, I've got lots of blogging to catch up on, including disc and book reviews. I've also started work on my annual "Tonight's Movie: The Year in Review" post which goes up on New Year's Day.



I have some festive Disneyland photos to share as well, and I'm starting off with some snaps from our annual December visit to Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.



The Grand Californian is magical at Christmastime, with a giant tree in the lobby, plus Santa Claus, carolers, a pianist, a giant gingerbread house, and a corner stand selling hot cocoa and seasonal desserts. There's also a huge fireplace surrounded by chairs.



The Gingerbread House was as impressive as always.


It took 1400 hours to bake everything for the house!


We love having dinner at the hotel's Storytellers Cafe.


The seasonal desserts served at the Storytellers Cafe dessert buffet are so pretty!




The hotel was packed, and it did my heart good to see so many people out and about enjoying the holiday season -- something I don't think any of us will ever take for granted again.


I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday season!

Previously: Christmastime 2022 Arrives at Disneyland (November 2022); Christmas at Disneyland: The Grand Californian (December 2021); A Look Back: Christmas 2019 at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (posted in March 2020).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Entract said...

Enjoy your well-deserved break, Laura! Although it sounds as though you will be just as busy - just doing different (but nicer) things LOL. Merry Christmas!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Barry Lane said...

Merry Christmas, kid.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much, Jerry and Barry!

And thank you both for being such loyal longtime supporters of this blog and for taking the time to comment so regularly. It means an enormous amount to me.

I hope you each have a wonderful Christmas!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older