Thursday, November 13, 2008

Disneyland Christmas Music Loops

Three years ago I linked to an excellent Mice Age article on Disneyland Christmas music loops, which also included a link to the Disney Music Loops website.

Al Lutz has republished the article this year, and it is well worth revisiting if you're a fan of Disneyland, Christmas music, or both.

My favorite track on the Christmas music loop is Lawrence Welk's recording of "I'll Be Home for Christmas," which I strongly associate with working at the park during the Christmas season while in college. When I would leave work after park closing, it was both lovely and haunting to see the tree at the end of the empty street and hear the music. I'd love to own that track, but unfortunately it's not one of the tracks on the two Welk CDs which contain some of the loop music.

I do have Rita Ford's MUSIC BOX CHRISTMAS CD and enjoy it very much. It provides a nice change from the "usual" Christmas music.

We hope to visit the park on Friday. The Christmas decorations are already up -- we glimpsed the tree backstage when we visited before Halloween! Here it is peeking over a fence along the parking lot tram route:


I don't care for stores which start celebrating Christmas early, but Disneyland is different -- it's nice to be able to visit multiple times during the run-up to the holiday and enjoy an extended Christmas season.

Sleeping Beauty Castle was spectacular last year and what's even better is that this year the Castle will once again be open to visitors.

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I was there Tuesday, one day before the music loop and tree went in. But I hope to go back on Monday. I have Music Box Christmas on vinyl :o)

I did a picture thread on MiceChat under Disneyland Resort. It's titled "The Further Adventures of WG's new camera on Vet's Day" and as of right now it is on page 2. WG stands for Wendygirl which is my screen name.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

My parents had some music box Christmas music on a record or two, but I don't remember if it was the album you mentioned.

Missy http://missyisms.typepad.com

8:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the tip, Irene, I will head over to MiceChat and check out your pictures later tonight!

Fun that your parents might have that same album, Missy. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

8:24 PM  
Blogger Perry said...

Hey! I am from Greece and I've been to Paris Disneyland twice. Can anyone help me with the music that is been played during the Christmas period? It's magical. Unfortunately, it's not on sale in the Disneyland's shops. And I'm desperate. How can I own it? Thanx in advance. Merry Xmas! Perry.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older