Monday, December 07, 2009

A Very Barbie Christmas

And now for a Christmas post of a lighter nature...

I've collected Hallmark's Barbie ornaments for many years. A couple years ago we decided to give them their own tabletop tree. This year my husband used copper pipe to craft a "Barbie tree" which we can use every year:


Click on the photo to enlarge it.

A closeup:


We still have a few new ornaments to hang, once we find the hooks!

We'll be putting up our full-sized fresh-cut Christmas tree in our front bay window later this week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

That's really neat :) I also see and like that animation cell you have framed on the wall and I also see a couple of Disney figures on your bookshelf next to the Anniversary clock :)) Neat!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks Irene! The cell was a Christmas present from my husband a few years ago -- from my favorite Disney movie.

That shelf is my "England" shelf -- it includes Disney figures from movies set in Britain: Wendy, Alice, and Mary Poppins. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:30 AM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Very cool idea. And kudos for your hubby's craft work

10:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, J.C.! I thought he was pretty creative but then I'm prejudiced. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:54 AM  
Blogger Michele B. said...

The tree is terrific but what I like even more is seeing what's on your bookshelves. Quite a wonderful collection, and is that The Wind Blows Free up there on the top?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It sure is THE WIND BLOWS FREE, Michele. :) Along with about four other Erdman books and a lovely copy of CELIA GARTH. HAWAII was my maternal grandmother's.

There's a copy of GREEN DOLPHIN COUNTRY (aka GREEN DOLPHIN STREET) I bought at a used bookstore in Marblehead and TUCKAWAY HOUSE (top left corner) which I bought when you and I visited a used bookstore in Concord. :)

You're just like me, I always make a beeline to read what the titles are on someone's shelves (grin). Wish we could look at some books together again soon!

Laura

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older