Thursday, September 02, 2010

Cleopatra (1934) Coming to the Egyptian Theatre

Cecil B. DeMille's CLEOPATRA (1934), starring Claudette Colbert, Warren William, and Henry Wilcoxon, comes to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood on Wednesday, September 22nd.

The screening will be followed by a conversation between Leonard Maltin and Scott Eyman, author of the new DeMille biography EMPIRE OF DREAMS: THE EPIC LIFE OF CECIL B. DEMILLE.

Eyman will be signing copies of his book.

This sounds like an absolutely marvelous evening for fans of classic film. I actually own the DVD which came out last year, but I haven't watched it yet. I can't imagine a more perfect setting to see CLEOPATRA for the first time than the Egyptian Theatre!

September 22nd Update: A review of the film and a description of tonight's event at the Egyptian has now been posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it and I'm looking forward to your post.

I saw Sign of the Cross on the big screen at the Harvard Film Archive. It was great seeing a DeMille film in that way.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'd love to see SIGN OF THE CROSS. What a great cast!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older