Tuesday, May 02, 2006

John McCain Said What?!

I'm coming to this story a little late. Last Friday John McCain said: "I know that money corrupts…I would rather have a clean government than one where, quote, First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I’d rather have the clean government."

And who decides what a clean government is, Senator McCain? And if someone doesn't agree with your definition, are they to be silenced?

I have found McCain-Feingold's restrictions on free speech appalling -- President Bush should never have signed the bill -- and this statement raises additional questions about McCain's values and, indeed, his fitness to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" as President. He's not doing a very good job as Senator.

Power Line: "If McCain truly means what he told Imus, then conservatives who doubt his fitness for the presidency may have a case."

Just one more reason (among many) why I would sit at home rather than vote for John McCain, even if his opponent were Hillary Clinton. Given a choice between two liberals, I'll support neither.

More at Captain's Quarters and Betsy's Page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older