Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Blessed St. Nicholas Day

As I wrote on this date last year, pausing in our Advent journey to remember St. Nicholas is something our family particularly enjoys each December. Once again the shoes are lined up in the hall awaiting a chocolate St. Nicholas and other small treats.

The St. Nicholas Center has interesting information aimed at those of all Christian faiths. The website includes children's activities.

If you are looking for Advent activities your family can enjoy together, Mrs. Happy Housewife recently posted some good ideas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Thanks for the link, Laura. We are also remembering St. Nicholas today. I wish I had had more forethought - I would have filled the stockings last night. I think that will have to be a new tradition for us, starting next year.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

We have never done this. What a great idea.

This is also the birthday of my husband's mother who would be 105 today if she were still living :)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older