Tuesday, December 05, 2006

New on DVD: Disney's True Life Adventures

Walt Disney was born on this date in 1901. How fitting that his nature films, True Life Adventures, have been released today.

I have seen bits and pieces of these films, which include WHITE WILDERNESS and PERRI, over the years, probably on THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY or perhaps even in elementary school. However, this is a part of Disneyana about which I know very little. I'm looking forward very much to becoming more deeply acquainted with this series.

Volume 1 (see subject link) is titled WONDERS OF THE WORLD. It includes MYSTERIES OF THE DEEP and WATER BIRDS, which was included in a DVD release of THE RESCUERS some years ago.

Volume 2, LANDS OF EXPLORATION, includes THE LIVING DESERT and THE VANISHING PRAIRIE.

Volume 3 is CREATURES OF THE WILD, and Volume 4 is NATURE'S MYSTERIES, which includes the aforementioned PERRI. My grandparents had a little photo picture book of PERRI which I recall fondly from my early childhood.

All of the DVDs have new introductions and other extra material filmed by Walt's nephew, Roy Disney, at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The San Diego Union-Tribune and Orange County Register posted informative articles on these new releases today. Another excellent, detailed article was recently posted at Coming Soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

There is also a good review of these DVD's on MousePlanet today.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=ww061206ws

I remember these well, watching them as a child in the 50's. I am looking forward to getting the DVD's. I went into Circuit City yesterday and they do not have them. The girl working in that department just looked at me blankly...had no idea what they were!!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for the link!

Looking forward to them --

Best wishes, Laura

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older