Thursday, May 03, 2007

Verizon Wireless Customers: Action Alert

Thanks to Michelle Malkin I became aware that our cell phone provider, Verizon Wireless, is featuring ringtone downloads by a "gangsta" rapper which feature explicit content regarding the sexual mistreatment of women.

The lyrics are at Michelle's site, and they are beyond belief. Verizon's own site (linked at subject line) notes that the song Michelle quotes is "explicit." Other songs by the same rapper, including one more marked "explicit," are featured at Verizon's website as well.

WHAT IS VERIZON THINKING?!

The Customer Service phone number for Verizon Wireless's executive offices is 866-673-9561. I phoned and spoke with a nice young lady who took down my Verizon phone number and complaint.

I told her that our contract is up soon and that if Verizon Wireless doesn't act quickly to reverse this very bad marketing decision, we might be forced to look elsewhere for a cell phone company.

I couldn't support Verizon deliberately associating with this rapper's lyrics under any circumstances, but all the more so as my 18-year-old daughter carries a Verizon Wireless phone.

I urge anyone who has a Verizon Wireless account to take a few minutes out of your day and communicate your concerns about Verizon's willful contributions to the coarsening of our culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older