Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Around the Blogosphere This Week

Some interesting odds and ends for your reading pleasure...

Jonah Goldberg writes "Katrina Was a Media Disaster" at NRO (subject link). I recently saw a member of the media praising the TV coverage and wondered what on earth he watched that week.

Is Clinton's Candidacy Blocking 'Path to 9/11'?: The Emmy-nominated miniseries is not being released on DVD, and the show's writer and producer claims an ABC executive told him "...if Hillary weren't running for president, this wouldn't be a problem."

Michael Douglas Confesses Soft Spot for Hillary Clinton: Douglas recently said: "I would like my president to have pillow talks with Bill Clinton. I would be very happy with that." Okay, I'll say it: does he really believe the Clintons share pillow talks? Ugh. There's more I could say, but I'll leave it at that.

Is Fred Thompson Too Late?: Jay Cost at Real Clear Politics says no. Frankly, I find all the hand-wringing by the Beltway pundits over Thompson's entering the race a "mere" 14 months before the election amusing. Some of them have been acting like petulant children, stomping their feet because Fred wouldn't play by their preferred rules. I'm a political junkie, but I'm already finding the two-year Presidential campaign tiresome, and found Fred's refusal to bow to pressure refreshing. Now we just have to see whether Fred can deliver...

Republicans Will Hold Democrats Accountable on Stolen Illegal Immigration Vote: John Boehner on the investigation into the rigged vote. Well and good, but why won't there be a final report for another year?

German Police Arrest 3 In Imminent Terrorist Plot: A stark reminder of the dangers we're facing. The Daily Mail says attacks were planned for 9/11.

We Just Beat Michigan!: To end on a light note, some great YouTube videos of real-time fan reactions to Saturday's huge football upset have been collected by Brendan Loy, the Irish Trojan in Tennessee.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

"Pillow talks with Bill Clinton"? So, which of Clinton's sexual liaisons is Douglas proposing for Executive Office? Can't be Monica Lewinsky - poor girl never even got the pillow talk. Certainly can't be Hillary - you have to sleep in at least the same house in order to have pillow talks.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

"...you have to sleep in at least the same house in order to have pillow talks."

That's what I was thinking. :) I had second thoughts about my comment, but honestly, the complete disconnect from reality that some have where the Clintons are concerned floors me...

Best wishes,
Laura

8:34 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

H and I were discussing your post in the car yesterday and even my kiddies were amused by Douglas' rose-colored, Clinton glasses. It's sad when a nine-year-old has more of a clue than a man Douglas' age.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older