Friday, February 08, 2008

Entertainment News Roundup

Bits and pieces of entertainment-related news to read as we head into the weekend...

Tower Records' famed store on the Sunset Strip is due to be demolished (see subject link).

I was out of town on Groundhog Day; the L.A. Times published an appreciation of the classic film of that name. The movie was just released in a new 15th anniversary edition. It was previously released in a Special Edition.

Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly (formerly Megyn Kendall) is engaged...

HIPPO IN A TUTU is the unusual name of a forthcoming book on dancing in Disney's animated films.

I've been enjoying looking in on the movie reviews at dfordoom recently. This review of MYSTERY STREET has me intrigued. I enjoyed another MGM police procedural, KID GLOVE KILLER.

Shell Kepler played hospital gossip Amy Vining on GENERAL HOSPITAL for 23 years, from 1979 to 2002. Kepler passed away recently at far too young an age. Her character, Amy, was the adoptive sister of the long-running show's most famous heroine, Laura Vining Webber Baldwin Spencer (Genie Francis). Kepler's Amy was a unique personality who provided comic relief and occasionally poignance as the unlucky-in-love nurse living in her beloved sister's shadow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I love Ground Hog Day. We usually watch it, but forgot this year!

I checked the link to your blog and it worked for me. I am sorry you had trouble. I hope no one else did!

Happy Saturday!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Terri! Must be my browser. :)

Isn't GROUNDHOG DAY a great movie? It's one of those films that grows on me more with each repeat viewing.

Best wishes,
Laura

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older