Sunday, March 29, 2009

We're Going to Disneyland...Paris!!

Exciting developments this weekend...we have made plans to celebrate our upcoming Silver Anniversary by taking a trip to London in May to visit our daughter. As regular readers know, she has been studying there this semester. (She leaves on a USC-paid trip to the Scottish Highlands tomorrow...lucky girl!)

As part of our trip, we'll be taking the Eurostar train to the Disney resort outside Paris. The train goes directly from London's St. Pancras station to the gates of the Disney resort; it's a "Disney Express" which even includes luggage check-in to your resort while you're on the train.

The trip will also be a wonderful opportunity for us to soak up some of our daughter's London experience firsthand, visit her university there, and so on. We haven't been to London -- our favorite city -- since we had children, so this is a big thrill.

Needless to say, I hope to be sharing many photos on this blog in a few weeks!

Meanwhile, I'd better head over to Amazon and order the tour guide I bookmarked a couple weeks ago...

15 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Congratulations Laura!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Cathy! It's so nice to see your name pop up in the comments! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

6:06 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

How exciting for you! I look forward to the pictures!

Missy http://missyisms.typepad.com

7:23 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Missy! I just shot you an email. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

7:35 PM  
Blogger Rick Moore said...

Very cool - I'm jealous (except for the being in France part).

Looking forward to the photos.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Rick, I'm looking forward to sharing the photos. My husband is a train buff like you are and has always wanted to ride the Eurostar under the Channel, so this is his chance -- the idea makes me a little claustrophobic but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make, LOL.

Although it would be nice to see the famous sights in Paris, we'd much rather spend most of our limited time in Britain -- so the idea of getting on the train in London and getting off right at Disney's door has real appeal. Since we met at Disneyland (we both worked there in college) it seems fitting to include the Paris version of the park in our anniversary trip!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:12 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Congratulations Laura! I know you'll have a terrific time.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks so much, Dana, I appreciate it. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Congratulations both on your anniversary and your exciting trip. We'll all look forward to reading about it.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Jacqueline!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:40 AM  
Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

My initial comment never made it through cyberspace!

I hope you have lots of fun on your vacation! When in London, go on The Eye, it's definitely worth it. I'm terrified of heights, but enjoyed every minute.

Hope to see pictures!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Ms.Daisy said...

Laura,
How exciting for you and your family! Congratulations on your Silver Anniversary, too! I look forward to seeing the photos when you get back.

~Jean

1:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Raquelle and Jean!

Raquelle, I'll add the London Eye to my list of possibilities. It's going to be so hard to choose what to do. I'm torn between wanting to revisit things I haven't seen in over 20 years and wanting to see things I've never seen before! :)

I'm definitely looking forward to sharing photos. Thanks to all your kind comments, I feel as though I'm having a "virtual celebration" in advance of the trip! My thanks to all of you.

Best wishes,
Laura

1:54 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Wow!!! How exciting for you. I knew your daughter was going (I'm on Facebook now and "friended" her and she commented she was going but I had no idea it was the family. Wow!!! again :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene! Thanks so much for your note. I'm just catching up on comments -- it was a long day. :) We're really looking forward to seeing her!

Best wishes,
Laura

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older