Sunday, October 11, 2009

Great Moments in So. CA Baseball

The Angels just staged an amazing two-out rally in the 9th inning, scoring three runs to come from behind and beat the Red Sox, 7-6.

With today's victory the Angels sweep the Red Sox in this playoff series and will now battle in the ALCS for the right to represent the American League in the World Series.

My 11-year-old was thrilled that the Angels rally was started by Erick Aybar, who signed a ball for him on the field at Little League Day a couple years ago.

Last night the Dodgers beat the Cardinals, 5-1, and go to the NLCS for the second year in a row.

The Dodgers will be playing the Rockies or the Phillies. The Rockies-Phillies game was snowed out yesterday!

Not to count my chickens, but I'd sure love to see the first-ever Freeway World Series. And if anyone wonders, when my two favorite teams play each other, I root for the Dodgers. Always and forever.


Good times for Southern California baseball fans.

Monday Update: Wishing for a Freeway World Series...

2 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

Things are pretty sad over here in Massachusetts. It's been a rough season for the Red Sox. :-(

12:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have a very good friend who lives in MA...I'm sorry for your sakes! It's never fun to be on the losing end, and I know the Red Sox fans are devoted and really take it to heart. (I figure turnabout's fair play since the Red Sox won last year, right? grin)

Thanks for your note,
Laura

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older