Friday, November 13, 2009

Today at Disneyland: It's Christmas 2009!

On a Friday evening just about exactly a year ago I posted photos of our first visit of Disneyland's extended Christmas season, and we visited again tonight.


We made a quick visit of about three hours late this afternoon. We said hello to friends, had a nice dinner, picked up the new issue of Disney Twenty-Three, and tried out my new camera.


New Orleans Square isn't yet completely decorated, but the beautiful lights are up at Royal Street near Court des Anges:


My new camera has a more powerful zoom; I was very pleased with how my castle photos turned out compared to last year.




We never tire of watching the evocative light and water show at Pixie Hollow:






City Hall at Town Square:


The Main Street Train Station dressed for Christmas (click to enlarge):


A tree near the World of Disney Store:


And for collectors, here's a peek at this year's Christmas-themed popcorn bucket and travel mug:


It was a lovely evening! We're looking forward to more visits in the coming weeks. One of the advantages to the combination of having passes and the extended season at the park is having the opportunity to savor Disneyland's holiday traditions bit by bit over the course of a few weeks.

Previous first visits of the season: 2006, 2007, and 2008.

6 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Nice camera and I agree that your castle photo is great this time. Having a good camera makes all the difference :)

I was there for my birthday this last weekend and some of the Christmas stuff was up plus they were filming for the Christmas Day parade. I also met and got my photo taken with Bob Iger, John Lasseter and the the new Disneyland Resort President - in the right place at the right time!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, Irene, how'd you manage that?! That's awesome!!! I'd love to meet John Lasseter in particular. Did you post photos anywhere?

And happy birthday!!!!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:54 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Yes, on Facebook. I've set my privacy on photos to everyone so I'll send you an email with links and hopefully you can see them. Also I did a thread on MiceChat which I'll link you to.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Ode to be able to go somewhere outside and warm all year round. Sigh. Supposed to get up to the low '60s today, so shouldn't complain.

What are you thoughts on the camera so far?

Missy http://www.missyisms.com

10:22 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

So far I like the camera, Missy. I like the way it feels holding it although I do wish the screen were just a bit smaller so that there's more room for fingers (grin). I was pleased with the zoom lens. Took a lot of shots comparing flash vs. no flash and was fascinated by how much the flash impacted scenes taken at a great distance. Still have a lot to learn about it -- I tend to learn something like a new camera one slow step at a time. Next time I'm at the park I'll probably work on the night settings.

Are you ready to buy one yet? :)

Best wishes,
Laura

8:38 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Irene,

Many thanks for the email, I *loved* your photos!!!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older