Friday, February 26, 2010

Weekend Fun: Road Trip!

We're heading out early today for a whirlwind trip to Nevada to attend a family wedding.


Prior to attending the wedding Saturday evening, we'll have about 24 hours free to explore Las Vegas. While my husband is there fairly often on business -- in fact, he has to go back next month! -- I haven't been to Las Vegas since the early '70s.

I'm looking forward to seeing M&M's World, the Coca-Cola Store, and the Bellagio Water Fountains.

While I'm on the subject of Las Vegas, I highly recommend the photo book FABULOUS LAS VEGAS IN THE '50S, by Fred Basten and Charles Phoenix. It's a great collection of retro photos and other memorabilia showcasing Las Vegas "back in the day."

If our hotel has wi-fi I may be able to moderate comments while I'm away. Otherwise any comments submitted while I'm gone will be posted Sunday evening.

I've pre-scheduled an Around the Blogosphere post to publish Saturday morning -- so check back for lots of fun reading links to enjoy over the weekend while I'm away!

4 Comments:

Blogger monty said...

Hope you have a great time Laura. Enjoy yourself. Talk to ya later.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ed South said...

Make sure you check out the 3-D movie at M&M World...it's no Disney production, but it's neat to see somebody try to pull off a Disney-style attraction. It's a cute movie. Last time we were there it played in the afternoons.

The Coke store was downsized alot between our '03 visit and our '08 trip. Hope it still holds up!

Actually, today is my wedding anniversary. We were there on this weekend 2 and 7 years ago!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Sounds like fun. Be sure to check out the vintage neon signs around Freemont St.!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you all for the good wishes, I appreciated it very much! Carrie, we made sure to drive up to Fremont Street. Got a nice photo of that classic old cowboy sign. Lots of great "Googie" signs in that area! Thanks for reminding us to do that.

Ed, congratulations and happy anniversary to you and your wife!! Wish we could have seen that movie, it is still playing there but we didn't have time to wait for the next showing. The Coke store was very nice, that was one of my favorite stops on the Strip.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older