Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Book: Ann Harding: Cinema's Gallant Lady

Here's a very interesting new title which just came out a couple weeks ago: ANN HARDING: CINEMA'S GALLANT LADY by Scott O'Brien.

The book has a forward by Mick LaSalle (COMPLICATED WOMEN). It's from Bear Manor Media.

I enjoyed O'Brien's books on Kay Francis and Virginia Bruce, two interesting stars who aren't that well remembered today, at least outside of classic film fan circles.

This new book on Ann Harding is now on my Amazon wish list.

3 Comments:

Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

This coming week, TCM will be showing the "Complicated Women" doc again- I've got it scheduled for DVR. It's on at 6:15 am EST on June 18th.

11:29 AM  
Blogger panavia999 said...

I love Ann Harding and have definitely added this book to my 'must read' list. She was so beautiful. My favourite pre-code women's melodrama is "The Life of Vergie Winters" with Ann Harding and John Boles, who could be kind of stiff but was fine in this film. Also starring Crieghton Chaney (before he became Lon Chaney Jr.) and Helen Vinson who is always great to watch.
And by a fun coincidence, last night I found an old zip drive containing many lovely photos including a scan of my favourite photo of Ann Harding. Hopefully, one day I will find the original vintage postcard in my piles o' stuff.
Check it out at
http://tinyurl.com/255mmcx

12:48 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the tip, J.C.! It's an excellent documentary which I recommend to those who'd like to learn more about the pre-Code era.

I'd love to see THE LIFE OF VERGIE WINTERS, Panavia. I'll be watching for it in the future! I loved checking out your post -- and many thanks for the link!

Best wishes,
Laura

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older