Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Happy Day

What beautiful pictures tonight as the first of the trapped Chilean miners have been brought to safety!

Visit Michelle Malkin's article Celebrating American Greatness in Chile for background on Coloradan Jeff Hart, who drilled for 33 days straight and successfully reached the miners. Hart was quoted as saying "This is the most important thing I have done in my work life and probably the most important thing I will ever do."

There's much more information in the post, including the contributions of NASA and other American companies.

Michelle's post has been updated many times with rescue photos.

The Anchoress also has uplifting comments and links.

My favorite British paper, London's Daily Telegraph, has a terrific continuously updated page covering the rescue process.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clara Fercovic said...

Great to notice that my fellow bloggers are aware of what's happening here in Chile :) Everything is going incredible so far ^^

12:29 AM  
Blogger Raquel S. said...

I'm so happy about this! When the news at one time said they may not be able to get out until the New Year, I was distraught. The fact that they are getting out in October, wonderful!!!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older