Thursday, February 10, 2011

Warner Archive News

There are some Warner Archive releases this week I find particularly appealing...in fact, I've recorded all these titles in the past, and I've seen most of them.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I was especially happy to hear that the Archive is releasing a remastered widescreen print of SUNDAY IN NEW YORK (1963), which I reviewed in 2009.

This film has been shown on Turner Classic Movies in pan and scan, so I'm delighted at the prospect of seeing this very amusing film again in a beautiful new print.

Another new release, BRIDE BY MISTAKE (1944), is a charming romantic comedy starring Laraine Day, Alan Marshal, Marsha Hunt, and Allyn Joslyn. It's a remake of another very good film, THE RICHEST GIRL IN THE WORLD (1934), in which the lead quartet was played by Miriam Hopkins, Joel McCrea, Fay Wray, and Reginald Denny. Recommended.

Other films released this week: Olivia deHavilland in MY LOVE CAME BACK (1940), which was reviewed here; Rosalind Russell and Walter Pidgeon in DESIGN FOR SCANDAL (1941), reviewed here; a good one from MGM, HER HIGHNESS AND THE BELLBOY (1945) starring Hedy Lamarr, Robert Walker, and June Allyson; THE BACHELOR FATHER (1931) with Marion Davies, Sir C. Aubrey Smith, and a very young Ray Milland; and the remastered BACHELOR IN PARADISE (1961) with Bob Hope, Lana Turner, and some fabulous '60s set design.

1 Comments:

Blogger marya said...

if I had a full time job so much of my money would go towards buying Warner Archive releases.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older