Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Four Freshmen Founder Bob Flanigan Dies at 84

Bob Flanigan, a founding member of the great singing quartet The Four Freshmen, has passed away at the age of 84.

The Four Freshmen are part of what you might call the soundtrack of my life, as I grew up regularly listening to their recordings, which were part of my father's extensive music collection. My dad has a great memory of meeting the group when he was a teenager vacationing in Hawaii.

An additional obituary was published by the New York Times, and there's a video at Spinner.

Please visit The Four Freshmen Society and The Four Freshmen for more information about Mr. Flanigan and the Four Freshmen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abe Lucas said...

Sorry to hear that. The Freshmen's album Four Freshmen and Five Guitars is one of my all-time favorite albums. They do stellar renditions of "Invitation" and "Nancy (with the Laughing Face)." Haven't listened to it in awhile; time to break it out in my own small tribute.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older