Monday, May 16, 2011

In Disney News...

Disney has unveiled beautiful new theme park attraction posters for Disney's California Adventure.

I especially love the classic style for Grizzly River Run; I'd like to add that one to the collection of framed Disney attraction poster art hanging in our den.

They all look terrific:




Kudos to Disney for great attraction poster art!

The Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure will be updated on Wednesday, May 18th, including displays of the new posters.

In other park news, there's a brand-new exhibit of Mary Blair artwork, "The Colors of Mary Blair," in the Disney Gallery at Disneyland. MiceChat has a photo preview. Can't wait to visit!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I stopped in the Art Gallery today and saw the exhibit. It is really nice and it was fun looking at her original work up close. And I also got that ceramic cup today :)

10:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

How wonderful you got to see the exhibit already, Irene!! So glad you got the ceramic cup, isn't it darling? Lots of memories when I saw it.

Great to hear from you!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:37 PM  
Blogger James Corry said...

Laura, I'd LOVE to get some of the Disney attraction-posters (especially the new "retro" version of "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride"), is there somewhere that you know of where they are available?

Best,

Brad

7:11 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Brad,

Disney does sell smaller copies of their attraction posters in Disneyland. (I have five matted & framed hanging here in my den/library.) However, I haven't yet seen the new Mr. Toad's Wild Ride poster for sale -- you're the second or third person who's asked me about that particular poster! :) I suspect Disney will find it's popular if they start selling prints of it.

Hopefully the park will at some point start selling prints of the newer posters, including MR. TOAD.

Best wishes,
Laura

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older