Thursday, September 15, 2011

From My Collection: The Nicholas Brothers

A Tweet today about an upcoming tribute to the Nicholas Brothers at New York's Film Forum reminded me of an autograph I'd come across recently when sorting my memorabilia:


Just about 28 years ago my father attended a program of movie tap dance clips in Pasadena. The program was put on by Mark Cantor, who my dad tells me has an amazing collection of jazz on film. Alas, I wasn't there that night, as I was at college at the time.

Fayard Nicholas was in attendance and signed this autograph for my father. (I've cut off the inscription at the top with my dad's name for privacy reasons.) Interestingly, Fayard signed the names of both brothers, though Harold wasn't present that evening.

My favorite Nicholas Brothers dance routine is from DOWN ARGENTINE WAY (1940). Watch this and be amazed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

I love this dance routine. They were remarkable.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older