Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Eight-Year Bloggiversary!

Today marks eight years since the day this blog began. It's been a wonderful eight years, and I have to say this past year has been the most exciting year yet!

Needless to say, having the opportunity to cover the entire TCM Classic Film Festival, from the media day to the closing night party, was a very special experience. I loved sharing the films and events with my readers, and I felt very blessed to have the chance to meet so many wonderful people from the classic film blogging community.

Another highlight was learning from Mr. Film Noir himself, Eddie Muller, that the American Cinematheque had publicly thanked me for my coverage of the Noir City Film Festival on the last night of the festival. Alas, I couldn't be there that night! The Noir City Fest has certainly become a moviegoing highlight of my year, and I'm glad I can share the experience with other film fans.

I want to especially thank Jane for inviting me back to the McCrea Ranch this spring, an incredibly memorable day, and I'd also like to say thanks to David once more for making it possible for me to interview actress Coleen Gray last December.

I'm very grateful for everyone I've met thanks to this blog, and for their many, many kindnesses. It's a joy to share my love of classic films and Disney, but it wouldn't mean much without all the friends made during the journey of the past eight years!

This blog's visitors now number in the neighborhood of a million readers over the past eight years. My sincere thanks again to each and every one of you.

Previous blog anniversaries: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

21 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Deany said...

Happy anniversary to one of my favorite movie blogs.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

Happy anniversary Laura! You've done such a wonderful job keeping up your blog for the past eight years and it's been a pleasure reading your posts and getting to meet you this year!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa Clark said...

Happy anniversary, Laura! Your blog is one of my favorites. Here's to another 8 years. :-)

8:04 AM  
Blogger LĂȘ said...

Happy blog anniversary! I hope you are around for many more years and we can build an even stronger friendship!
Kisses!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

Eight wonderful years, and more to come.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Well done, and congratulations. I enjoy your posts very much, especially the fond look at so many B-movies I've yet to see, but are now on my list.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Robby Cress said...

Congrats on another successful year of blogging! I'm amazed you are able to find the time and stamina to blog as frequently as you do, while still maintinng top notch posts every time. You've brought many obscure movies to my attention in your Tonight's Movie column and turned me on to some other interesting stories through your Around The Blogosphere link roundups. Keep up the fantastic work!

Best,
Robby

9:24 AM  
Blogger JavaBeanRush said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary!

Your blog is definitely an asset to film fandom.

You hit all the points: reviews, news updates, reporting from the scene of a classic movie event, highlighting interesting things on other blogs and websites...

Whew! I'm getting winded just listing some of the things you do!

Thanks for your dedication.

Cheers,
Java

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mythical Monkey said...

Wow, congratulations. Eight years and still indispensable! Looking forward to another eight.

7:14 PM  
Blogger KC said...

Congratulations Laura! I've learned so much from you, and your writing is fantastic. We're all lucky to have you!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I can't think each one of you enough for taking the time to leave such kind words over the course of the day. It means a lot -- I'll be bookmarking this to reread on a day when I need a lift! I'm deeply appreciative. Thank you!!!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:32 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Congratulations, Laura - a wonderful achievement!

May you long continue your fine blog.

All the very best.

9:32 PM  
Blogger SimpleGifts said...

Very Happy Anniversary, Laura! Your blog is a joy to read. And how lovely that we live close enough to share movieland experiences together! Thank you for the your wonderful writing and your treasured friendship. All the best, Jane

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Laura, and congrats on such a milestone. It's such a pleasure to read your entries, and I love the wealth of information on new releases and Disney-related things as well. I also cannot thank you enough for helping me learn the ropes of the Southern California scene! Here's to many more years of blogging!

Best,
Lindsay

10:48 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for your classy wonderful blog. Helping me discover films I've never heard of before. And providing suggestions for books on film and directors. And sharing fangirling of Ray Milland :) One of the best classic film blogs on the Net!

Irene

11:47 PM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Your blog is a must read with me. I love how you write about so many different genres and how you introduce me to so many films I don't know.
And I appreciate your support of new bloggers like myself.
Here's to the next 8!

12:55 AM  
Blogger Waves of Gray said...

Happy anniversary! As a relatively new reader, I know I've missed a lot but I'm looking forward to all the great things still to come!

1:51 AM  
Blogger John McElwee said...

Congratulations on eight great years, Laura. You are one of the Internet's treasures, and a constant source of news and happenings in the universe of classic films. Thanks for all you do!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, it was amazing to wake up earlier today to a whole new bunch of wonderful messages -- a reminder once more of how many special people I've met thanks to blogging.

Thank you all for making my day two days in a row! I hope my blog will continue to live up to all these kind words in the years to come. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

3:08 PM  
Blogger john k said...

As a newcomer to your wonderful blog,I would like to
thank you very much for the many unheralded obscure
films that you have introduced me to.
I look forward each day to finding out whats new in Lauraland!

3:46 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, John, I smiled at "Lauraland"! Please keep filling up my notebook with "B" movie and Western titles to be watching for! I have really learned a lot from you and appreciate it very much.

Best wishes,
Luara

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older