Friday, August 30, 2013

Today at Disney California Adventure: Labor Day Weekend

We started our Labor Day weekend in grand style, spending several hours in both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland this afternoon.

Both parks were amazingly uncrowded. The number of school districts which now start prior to Labor Day must take a toll on business this holiday weekend, but we certainly enjoyed the short lines!


First, a brief look at our stop in Disney California Adventure, which included riding our favorite Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land.

I share photos of Carthay Circle frequently, just because it's so beautiful! And the fountain certainly looked inviting given that temperatures today were around 90 in Anaheim.


A commemorative plaque about SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS (1937) on the Carthay Circle Theatre building:


I love the design of the Elias & Company building!


This Oswald the Lucky Rabbit mug joined my collection this afternoon:


Oswald has an interesting history, and I'm so glad Disney was able to reacquire the rights to this historic Disney character a few years ago.

Coming soon: Several photos from today's stop in Disneyland!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I missed you by one day! I was there yesterday and it was HOT! I think that is also a reason the crowds are down. Yesterday morning I took the 15 min. tour of the Carthey Circle Theater. It was interesting but our guide was very young and I think it was maybe his first time. I enjoyed it - and it was cool in there! I spent the afternoon in Disneyland, mostly in the air conditioned Golden Horseshoe! But I randomly ran into our daughter's boyfriend's mother! She and her daughter had come down from Lake Arrowhead to take someone to a nearby hotel and decided to drop in now that their passes are unblocked. She saw me and came running after me. Truly a small world :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene,

So nice to hear from you! I wish we'd run into each other, it's been too long since we've had a chance to say hello in person!

Thanks for the reminder about the tour of the Carthay Circle. I read about it but it completely slipped my mind today. I'd like to do it in the future. Do you need to sign up for it in the morning? (I wish the food they serve there were a little more "accessible" -- duck wings and so on just aren't my thing, but I'd love to eat there one day.)

Hope to see you out there one of these days!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:57 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

You do not need to sign up. The tour starts at 10:30 and you just show up about 5 mins before that. There were maybe 10 of us on the tour. I don't think many know about it. I agree about the food. Nothing on the menu is really up my alley (and neither are the prices - ha ha).

9:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you very much for the tour info, Irene! I'm going to plan on doing that on a future trip. At least it's a way to see the inside. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older