Sunday, January 05, 2014

Around the Blogosphere This Week...

...is taking this weekend off after a busy holiday week enjoying time with family. It will return next weekend!

If you missed the December 22nd or December 29th editions of Around the Blogosphere during the holidays, they are packed with interesting links to check out!

In the meantime, I'd like to point readers in the direction of Ivan's review of REPEAT PERFORMANCE (1947) at Thrilling Days of Yesteryear.

REPEAT PERFORMANCE was one of my favorite films last year, seen at both the UCLA Festival of Preservation and the Noir City Film Festival. Ivan found the movie on YouTube and terms it a "gem," saying, "I was thoroughly mesmerized with this little sleeper."

Ivan's mention of Vince Keenan led me to Vince's blog, where he writes "A repeat performance of REPEAT PERFORMANCE (1947) underscored how well-crafted this haunting melodrama is." I love to see others equally enthused about a movie I enjoyed so much.

The YouTube print isn't a match for the pristine copy restored by UCLA -- hopefully that will come to DVD one of these days -- but in the meantime, catch it while you can!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for link to Ivan's review. Let's hope Repeat Performance gets a DVD release .

12:50 AM  
Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Thanks as always for the shout-out, Laura - I'm pretty envious that you saw a better print of the movie than I did...but the YouTube version's still a magnificent way to get an introduction to this great flick!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry,Laura. Don't know why my comment above has come out as 'anonymous'.
Vienna

8:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Vienna, really hope REPEAT PERFORMANCE comes out sooner rather than later. If I get a chance this spring I will ask Eddie Muller or Alan Rode if they know if there's any hope of that.

Ivan, thanks for the hot tip, I hope some folks get to see the movie while it's out there for the watching! Really delighted you enjoyed it too. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older